Some excellent books here! I’m delighted that ‘There Was Still Love’ won.
The ceremony may have been a bit subdued because of social distancing rules, but there was plenty of jubilation for the winners when the 2020 Indie Book Awards were announced.
Winners are in bold. There Was Still Love was the overall winner as well as winner of the Fiction category.
- There Was Still Love by Favel Parrett (Hachette Australia), see my review and Theresa’s at Theresa Smith Writes
- Bruny by Heather Rose (Allen and Unwin), see my review
- The Wife and the Widow by Christian White (Affirm Press)
- The Weekend by Charlotte Wood (Allen and Unwin), see my review and Theresa’s at Theresa Smith Writes
- Your Own Kind of Girl (Clare Bowditch, A&U), see Theresa’s review at Theresa Smith Writes
- 488 Rules for Life: The thankless art of being correct (Kitty Flanagan, A&U)
- Tell Me Why (Archie Roach, S&S)
- Sand Talk: How Indigenous thinking can save the world
View original post 187 more words