Sickness and deaths from the corona virus present challenges to save lives, but could also prompt discussion about different ways to live. China’s strict quarantine measures have given breathing space to the climate. Factories were closed, few cars used, streets deserted and flights cancelled. The air is clearer and the slave labour required to meet…
I have read some of these. Some great books here!
NSW Premier’s Literary Awards 2020 shortlists announced
The shortlists for the 2020 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards have been announced.
The shortlisted titles in each category are:
Christina Stead Prize for Fiction ($40,000)
- The White Girl (Tony Birch, UQP), see my review
- The Palace of Angels (Mohammed Massoud Morsi, Wild Dingo Press), see my review
- The Electric Hotel (Dominic Smith, A&U), see my review
- Exploded View (Carrie Tiffany, Text), see my review
- Wolfe Island (Lucy Treloar, Picador), see my review
- The Yield (Tara June Winch, Hamish Hamilton), see my review
Multicultural NSW Award ($20,000)
View original post 500 more words